Confirm with the factory or National Equipment Corporation (NEC) that the equipment is still under warranty for parts and/or labor. You will need the model and serial number of equipment. The install date, sales slip or store opening is also helpful.
1. Parts are to be submitted at NEC parts counter or shipped UPS to:
National Equipment Corporation
242 West 3680 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
- Parts cannot be received by parcel post or at the Post Office Box.
- Parts must be tagged with warranty card listing failure. Defective, not working or broken are not acceptable. Be specific.
- Compressor should be welded off to prevent leakage. Factory will back charge if this occurs. Return in original box if available.
- Shipping costs are not covered by warranty.
2. Factory Authorized Service Agencies are to submit labor claim directly to factory. All other agencies must submit labor claims to NEC.
- Labor claim should be on service/work ticket listing customer name, address and phone number. Ticket must have customer and technicians signature.
- Customer complaint and action taken to repair must be listed. Reason for replacement must be explained. Bad, broken, not working and defective is not adequate.
- Ticket should only be for the warranty piece of equipment. No other equipment service should be on claim.
- Model number and serial number of all the equipment must be on claim. This includes ice machine, remote condenser and other relevant components.
- Cleaning, adjustments and normal maintenance are not covered by warranty.
3. Labor rate is determined by factory and must be billed in accordance to factory allowed guidelines.
- If working on a Manitowoc Ice Machine and extra hours are needed, an authorization number from the factory service department must be obtained.
- This number and the name of person issuing it must be on the Service/Work ticket.
- CSR agencies must use their factory-approved rate.
- Travel is not covered by many factories, please check with NEC or the Factory.
- Mileage and truck charges are not allowed by any of the factories.